RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The 5th International Piano Competition “Young Piano Stars” will take
place from 16 to 19 of July, 2023 in Königs Wusterhausen, GERMANY.
The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities from 6 to 35 years old
in 4 Different Age Categories.
2.No pre-selection Round!
Every applied candidate will be invited to participate.
This competition will be organized by the cultural society"Freunde Jüdischer Kunst und Kultur", the municipality of Königs Wusterhausen, the concert agency "Neue Sterne Classical Artists" and the Music Academy
Neue Sterne Hannover.
3. Candidates will not be admitted to the contest unless payment and documents are received. The entrance fee will not be reimbursed for any reason, except in the cases mentioned at point 10 of the regulation.
Learn more about the application documents and fee.
4. Before the first round, candidates must show documents proving their identity to the secretary of the contest.
5. The decision of the Jury is final and not subject to question, review, or appeal.
6. The jury into equal parts can divide the prizes. The members of the jury may also suggest not to give any reward if they deem that no candidate is worthy. However, the Final decision will be made by the Chairman.
7. All the rounds are open to the public.
8. The Piano Competition is divided into 4 categories, in which participants may compete:
Category 1: Participants between 6 – 9 years
Category 2: Participants between 10 – 13 years
Category 3: Participants between 14 – 17 years
Category 4: Participants between 18 – 35 years
9. The winners will perform for free in the Prizegiving Concert. The refusal involves the annulment of the prize. If necessary the jury may request competitors some additional performances.
10. The organizing committee may cancel the competition in case of too few entries. Candidates will be promptly informed and the entrance fee will be refunded.
11. Candidates must fill in the application form listing their program in due order.
12. In the eventuality of radio or television productions, audio or video recordings of the tests or of the winners' concerts, the participants have no right to advance claims or financial requests to the producers or transmitters. Participation implies the tacit consent of the above.
13.The prize- winners of the„Young Piano Stars“ International Piano Competition
pledge that in the future they will use the title actually given them by the jury. Any abuse will be legally prosecuted.
14. The jury is made up of renowned artists, teachers, music managers and critics. Those members who have or have had, during the two years before the starting date of the competition, didactic relationships with one or more competitors, must retain from taking part in the discussion and in the voting during the above‐ mentioned competitors’ examinations. The abstention must be clearly reported in the minutes. During the first meeting, each member of the jury must sign a statement about his/her personal situation towards the participants with reference to above.
15. Financial settlements
Travel, accommodation and visa costs, if necessary, are the responsibility of the participants themselves. To the applicants needing a visa, an official invitation will be sent.